Pages

Monday 27 April 2009

Digsby

Anybody else working hard promoting their work using Twitter, Facebook, Myspace?

Anybody else got more than one folksy shop using separate email addresses?

Anybody else tired of logging in here, then having to log out so you can log in there?


I've wanted a way to manage these accounts, to be able to keep an eye on what's going on without having to spend a long time online and I hope I've found a solution. My biggest problem was switching between my two email addresses, which use the same provider, so allow me to be logged in to only one at a time. It's only a few minutes but I've got other things to do!

After a bit of perusing I came across a blog post by Greg Nemer about Digsby, which is:


"
multiprotocol IM client that lets you chat with all your friends on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber with one simple to manage buddy list."


"an email notification tool that alerts you of new email and lets you perform actions such as 'Delete' or 'Report Spam' with just one click."


"a social networking tool that alerts you of events like new messages and gives you a live Newsfeed of what your friends are up to."


To appease my downloading paranoia I checked Digsby out and it appears to be safe, you can read more from their blog here.

I've downloaded Digsby and so far so good. I don't think it is as handy as TweetDeck for Twitter users as there doesn't seem to be the option to split up activity into friends' tweets, replies and direct messages which I like. However, being able to see new emails in both accounts just by moving the mouse is so very handy!

Do you use anything similar to manage your accounts? Would love to hear from you if you do and if you try Digsby let me know how you find it!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Trillian Astra from http://www.trillian.im

The Bunny Maker said...

Can you not use Outlook Express (or the mac equiv. Entourage) for your emails? You add all the accounts you have and they all come into the same inbox.

Greg said...

Thanks for mentioning me in your article.
Digsby can be a great solution for organization purposes.
In addition to Trillian Astra (above) thee is also another older version of trillian at http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

Katie Wall (Wallop Illustration) said...

Laura,
Thanks for leaving this link on folksy - v. helpful! Will def be looking into it all in more depth...

Katie (aka Wallop)

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...