Pages

Monday 15 February 2010

Still Waiting

Hello everyone!

Hope you've had a good weekend! We are still waiting to move house now that our buyer's solicitor has been satisfied with the logistical impossibilities of having the moon on a stick she just wants a telescope and wants us to pay for it. We're getting rather annoyed and impatient that, unlike the standard decide-which-telescope-you-want-at-the-start-of-the-house-buying-process-pay-for-it-and-get-things-happening-swiftly, our buyer has decided to wait for three months to sort this telescope, despite already having had two telescopes.

Still no news whether we have lost the house in Scotland, so I'm not crying, yet. The nice bottle of champagne we saved as a welcome gi
ft for the buyer might just come with us if things don't get tied up soon. This does seem to be taking the Michael somewhat.

On Saturday we decided there was a need to get out on the bikes and we mounted a rage filled challenge on a hill on Cannock Chase. I got to the top and had to get off my bike with a strong feeling that I was going to throw up. Clearly my rage was greater than my lung capacity! Anyhoo, two hours pounding round the Chase, with a shameful walk up the last hill made us feel better, eventually, you know, after the nausea faded.

So, we are still surrounded by boxes, still prone to being grumpy/anxious/worried and still hopeful we'll be in our new home by the end of the month.
Work wise I have unpacked three boxes of jewellery stuff and am enjoying working on a few designs for bridesmaid jewellery on request from a friend, deep plum coloured loveliness!

Finally, I came across this painter on Flickr and was much amused by his comment on one of my sea glass pendants which reads as follows:

"Very nice work. I remember when I was about 8 or 9 I found a piece of sea glass and thought I had found a precious stone of great value. Took it to the jewellers (how naive was I?!!) and he told me it was just a piece of glass. Then I had the audacity to argue with him. 'How could it be glass when it was so polished looking?'..anyway, it is nice to see that someone has found potential in it, so well done."

Bless!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I would like to award you the Sunshine Award!
Full details are here:
http://www.seaminglypossible.blogspot.com/

Eddy G. said...

How frustrating. I remember trying to sell our house - nightmare is putting it mildly

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...