Pages

Monday 11 April 2011

Bunting

A couple of years ago I bought a sewing machine. It is a nice, basic machine, good range of stuff and things to make stuff and things happen when you do other things.

The thing is, believe it or not, I hadn't used it until about two weeks ago when I decided I had to learn! Apart from whipping up a few costumes out of brown pillow cases for the school play and before that some experimental free machine embroidery at university and school I am not hugely experienced in the world of stitchery.

Thanks to my darling friend and her beautiful family I had a reason to learn: I wanted to give her new baby a gift before he turned eighteen! So, I thou
ght bunting for new baby and big sister's birthday would be a good place to start.


It was fun! However, due to the aforementioned looming eighteenth birthday baby boy has not had his name sewn on! There are several gaping whoopsies and when helping her children open their gifticles I believe Mummy will realise why her suggestion of a 'Cameron original' for my wedding dress is not such a hot idea!

No comments:

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...