Pages

Thursday 26 January 2017

Sea Glass Bottle Stopper Necklace


Finding bottle stoppers on the beach is one of the most exciting discoveries! Especially when they are beautifully weathered but whole. Over on instagram I have been enjoying sea glass posts from across the world; in a sea glass challenge, yesterday's prompt was stoppers and instagrammer posted an image of the most wonderful collection of stoppers including a purple one. Purple!


I made this pendant from what I believed to be the base of a bottle stopper and finally got round to photographing it with a complete stopper R found at the beach at the weekend. I must say it is very nice to have actual weekends again!


You can see the central round impression on the pendant piece of sea glass where, at one time, the rest of the stopper would have protruded. If stoppers are a rare find, perfectly rounded stopper bases are even rarer; this is the only one I have ever found.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There are lots of glass bottles are available in the market which are very expensive and antique for their user, because these glass bottles can be used as a big source for the decoration for the home and the people also use them to create a ordinary DIY vase for flowers. Some of the people who are really crazy about the glass bottles they always choose the best Italian Glass Bottles for their home decoration and other use.

Jack son said...

Outstanding amongst other techniques to spare ecological contamination is by reusing glass containers and jugs. Condition contamination is exasperated because of landfills and the issue is expanding step by step. Glass Bottles Manufacturer

historypak said...

A debt of gratitude is in order for posting this information. I simply need to tell you that I simply look at your site and I discover it exceptionally fascinating and educational. I can hardly wait to peruse bunches of your posts. Cal Dec Print

Yousufzai said...

I randomly browse blogs on the internet, and that i discover your article to be very informational. I have already bookmark it on my browser, in order that I can read your blog publish once more later. Additionally, i am wondering whether or not or not your weblog is open for link exchange, as i actually need to trade links with you. I don’t normally do that, but I hope that we are going to have a mutual hyperlink exchange. Let me know and have an ideal day! 70cl Spirit Bottles for Vodka XO Gin

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...