Pages

Sunday 5 July 2009

31 Days to Build a Better Blog

I have mentioned the Problogger site before and a few months ago I worked through most of the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog challenge. As a new blogger it was hugely beneficial for me to consider the nature of what I want my blog to be and through the challenge I feel I've improved various aspects of my blog.


Darren Rowes explains his challenge:


"The idea behind this is simply to have a group of bloggers setting aside a month of their time to work at improving their blogs. While we all want to have better blogs sometimes it becomes one of those things that we’re going to do…. one day. I personally find that I improve (in all areas of my life) when I’m more intentional and set aside a specific time to make the improvements. That’s what this project is about."


If you are a newbie floundering in blog land or even an established blogger there is something for you in the challenge. The challenge involves a daily email with a short lesson and task to complete, however you can take the challenge at your own pace and complete the tasks to fit in with your schedule. There is no charge to participate in the challenge, however, if you wish to have a compilation of the teaching, challenges and extra material you can buy a workbook for about $20. I haven't purchased the book as I'm still working through some of the daily tasks which, by nature of the task, allow you to revisit the ideas and apply them to different posts.

Some of the my favourite lessons around writing effective posts include:

These are just three out of the 31 tutorials which you can find on the Problogger site or have sent directly to you when you sign up to the challenge. I've learned a lot, spoken to some fascinating people, read some brilliant blogs and highly recommend this challenge! Do let me know if you have been or become involved, I'd love to hear how you get on!

2 comments:

AMIdesigns said...

oh this is great thanks. I'm off to have a read

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

I've heard of this course before, am planning on giving it a go when things are less hectic. So good to hear you think it's made a difference so soon! Good luck with it.

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...