Pages

Friday 10 July 2009

Florence Friday

Tomorrow we are heading to Ludlow to hopefully photograph St Laurence's Church and perhaps the castle. I still can't find my camera battery charger and am waiting until pay day before forking out for a new one. It is admittedly agonising not having my dSLR to hand, thank goodness R has let me use his, but I am looking forward to shooting on film tomorrow. Since leaving university and therefore leaving behind access to darkrooms I haven't used film much at all, however, we've finally found somewhere reasonably priced to develop black and white films so I'm going to give them a go and see how they come out. Then I will inevitably drift off into a reverie haunted by dark room fumes and start planning where we can create a dark room, under the stairs perhaps?! Although I'm still convinced there is a basement down there somewhere and must have a look under the carpet!

So, in anticipation of more images of sacred buildings I bring you an image of my clear favourite from Florence, the beautiful, quiet Santo Spirito.




I'm still working through my photographs from both trips to Florence and I think there is more to come from the Santo Spirito folder, as it is I've only processed one! I didn't get quite the image I wanted but I know a man who did. It is simply beautiful. The graffiti on the Duomo walls is right: Brunelleschi is a genius.

1 comment:

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

What a beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing.

You have been chosen by me to receive a lovely blog award. You can get the cute award picture from my blog.

The rules of the award are:

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.

3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...