Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Northumberland

Our holiday adventures have taken us to Northumberland to stay with R's parents and we are having a splendid time. Lots of wandering along coasts and hills, sketching and photographing, reading and snoozing, eating and chatting and today a visit to see R's Dad's amazing paintings!


We visited Holy Island at the weekend and the skies were spectacular; broad expanses of rolling clouds against a bright blue kept catching my eye and I'm looking forward to playing with those photographs. I've been a bit frustrated with my own painting and drawing over the last few months as several pieces lie unfinished or discarded but I'm determined to work out more time for it and have ideas for paintings with big skies. Sketching has been great fun and enthusing me to paint again, even if my attempt at a rock looked like a potato, I've at least lifted a brush and it felt great. A lot of the not painting time has been spent on my jewellery and I'm pleased to say I've had a few sales through Projeto Gallery so I can't complain!

3 comments:

AMIdesigns said...

Stunning photo! I've never been but it looks lovely

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be pedantic, but its Northumberland, not Northumbria. No such place anymore

Laura Johnson said...

Ah Anon, it is I who should apologise for offending your geo-socio-historical sensitivities! Consider it corrected and a visitor educated!

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...