Pages

Thursday 20 May 2010

Painting


June Stems, oil and acrylic on canvas

I am currently wading through the head soup of creating my first website and that is exactly what it looks like at the moment: my first website, circa 1996. It is starting to make more sense and I have finally got to the point where I can put pictures up and this is the first painting going in the gallery. Inspired by the work of, and with kind permission from, Kitsmumma I love the way the summer haze combines with the texture of thick oil paint applied with palette knives. Yesterday I started a new piece and it feels good to be painting again, although I might have to return to water mixable oils as I stank the house out with turps, oops.

2 comments:

Rich Johnson said...

I mis-read "turps", there.

Laura Johnson said...

Another classic poo joke from Mr J! Ha!

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...