Pages

Monday 24 January 2011

Gallery Updates and a Box of Joy

Last week I was busy with working on new pieces and updating some stockists. Now The Smokehouse Gallery in Eyemouth, Chirnside Gallery and Crown Studio in Rothbury have new selections of my sea glass and pottery jewellery.

Saturday was the first time I'd visited Crown Studio as the snow before Christmas meant my first selection of jewellery had to be posted. It was lovely to finally meet studio owner Lynda Taylor who I'd only spoken to previously through twitter! The Studio is a beautiful space with a gallery frontage and private work space at the back. R and I were really impressed with Lynda's paintings of local landscapes and a fascinating series exploring family history through still life
paintings which incorporate an item the artist inherited.


Image courtesy of Lynda Taylor

It was a lovely afternoon spent looking at a wealth of paintings, prints and pottery, nattering over tea and doughnuts and trying to control my excitement over what Lynda had given me . . .


. . . the most fabulous collection of pottery shards she and her husband have collected on various beaches! Can you spot the fish head?!

Being a trained potter Lynda was able to share all sorts of fabulous facts about the finishes of various pieces which I am now reading up on and will share soon!

1 comment:

Emma said...

goodness, what a wonderful gift. Plenty to get busy with. I need to find some new outlets but first need to make a new body of work. Or maybe I need the pressure of a promise to get the work done?! ;)

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...