Pages

Sunday 23 January 2011

Handmade in Europe Gift Swap

The Artfire Handmade in Europe Guild decided to do a New Year gift swap rather than a Secret Santa to provide a little lift during January. It worked! I received my parcel last week and had such fun exploring the gifts kindly sent by Marianne creator of Nidlongdir.

Together with a note in a card featuring one of her drawings Marianne sent a whole collection of her ACEOs (Art Cards, Editions and Originals) and a pair of lovely wire spiral earrings made by her daughter.

Thank you very much!

My pro Artfire account was due to expire this month and I had already decided not to renew it and have now downgraded to a basic account. For me, Artfire was not a successful selling venue; in the year of pro membership I had one sale and that was through my untouched basic account rather than the studio I was paying for!

Since launching my website in June it has been my primary online selling venue and has definitely been the wisest move I have made since starting to sell my work through the internet. I will be maintaining my Folksy shop and, to a lesser extent my free Artfire shop, but lauracameron.co.uk will be my main online focus. Now I just need to update it!

No comments:

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...