Pages

Friday 19 August 2011

Day 24 A Big Birthday




Day 24 was R's big birthday which took us to St Abbs for lunch and a stroll, Horncliffe for dinner and a giant moon moment on the way home.  A lovely day and I could finally stop keeping secrets!  R's Dad and I, with online assistance from my old tutor Paul Croft and a host of tutorials, transformed an old mangle into a printing press.  Huge thanks to R's Dad as within a day or two of emailing the idea he had found a suitable mangle, stripped it down, worked out how to adapt it and used a ten tonne press to sleeve the rollers in stainless steel tubing!  All I did was brush some white spirits around the dirty bits! Ha!


I love the progress photos on this mangle, we used a smaller one and have yet to decide over whether to set up a more permanent bed but will be fun to experiment further!


It was hilarious to watch R open his print making gifts with a confused we-can't-afford-a-press look on his face!  It's a start and I can't wait to see what he produces. You can see his work on his website and blog; he's a bit talented!

No comments:

You might be interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...